TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I got dinged in NY state on a trip to Philly. 26 mph over
People Seeking Info

Subject I got dinged in NY state on a trip to Philly. 26 mph over

Posted by Zbullet on July 21, 2016 at 5:44 PM
  This message has been viewed 323 times.

In Reply To Zcon 2016 Driving Info posted by SilverZXTT(CO) on July 21, 2016 at 09:36 AM

Message It was bullshit. Middle of a farming area leading into town but nothing but farmland as far as you can see... going down the side of a HUGE hill. I was told I was doing 56 in a 30 zone. My speedo said 52 mph when I saw the cop and looked down. Being 26 over instead of 25 over bumped me into a new bracket if I recall correctly.

Also Ontario has an agreement with several border states. If you get "points" for an infraction, the info is shared with your home state DMV and it will reflect on your insurance and drivers license record there too! Terrible.

Fines came out to $750 - $850 USD. Huge cash grab for the township apparently. Or so I was informed when I hired a NY State lawyer to help me out. They bump up the fines so people will plea bargain to lesser offences (like Parking in a fire zone). Revenues from these fines go to the township I'm told... All I know is it was a DAMN expensive trip home.

But yes... >50 kph over here and its considered "RACING". Your car goes to the impound and license suspension too.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.