TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Delayed on-set photo posting aka I suck
People Seeking Info

Subject Delayed on-set photo posting aka I suck

Posted by snubnosed on June 20, 2016 at 10:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 1172 times.

Message It's been so long since my first couple of posts that I can't even find them. Shows how good I am at socializing in a forum, about the same as in real life, not the best. Anyhow, I'll use my wife's broken leg as an excuse for why I never posted finished pictures of my father-in-law's restored Z ;)

She broke her leg in four places playing roller derby and took almost a year to recover, no joke. She's back and playing again so life is almost back to normal thankfully.

Here are a couple of pictures of her "mods" just for fun and the eww factor. (Not too disturbing hopefully):

That's a rod they hammered into her leg, brutal. It's inside the bone where the marrow was. Oddly enough the Dr said not having the marrow there anymore won't impact her at all.

The little shiny pieces are staples that held her skin together while she healed.

Now the cool stuff, it took over a year to get the Z's exterior back to almost new. This is what some of the progress looked like.

This is the finished product. I need to take a better picture but you get the idea. She is so bright in the sunlight it hurts to look at her.

The interior still needs a little work. I've done an initial cleaning and conditioning of the leather and it appears to be coming back quite nicely. Except the tear I put in the driver's seat while driving...go figure. There are a few pieces in the interior I need to replace as they are old and nasty looking but that's not too much. Overall the car is in pretty fantastic shape and I'm quite happy with it. My father-in-law would be seriously annoyed that we spent the money to restore the exterior but hey, if he didn't want it restored he shouldn't have died ;)

My thoughts are now turning to what to do with it next. I'm torn between leaving it original and cleaning up the engine and compartment or swapping out the engine for an LS1 and enjoying modifying it. Now that the rusting has stopped I have time to decide what to do with it.

I guess that's it for now, thought y'all would enjoy seeing this Z brought back to life. I'll probably post again in 2 years when I decide what to do with it...apparently I suck at it ;)

Russ

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.