TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: It may or may not be worth it to purchase overseas.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: It may or may not be worth it to purchase overseas.

Posted by amuZed on June 17, 2016 at 2:38 AM
  This message has been viewed 553 times.

In Reply To It may or may not be worth it to purchase overseas. posted by Goldchocobo on June 16, 2016 at 07:01 PM

Message I will second that its a headache. My car has been in the US for a year now. I actually owned and drove it in New Zealand for a year also. It was a massive headache to import it on my own. Not really a huge amount of paperwork, just that it has to be PERFECT. Like.. Triple checked, then check again. I am still scared to ever get rid of all the importation documents. As far as people talking about the market not being as good for them, I never plan on getting rid of mine as its quite a rare combo. It is a cool experience, but once the novelty of it wears off, its inconvenient.

And there are a lot of good cars in New Zealand/Australia that will have inspections in English. If you live on the east coast, I would recommend getting in touch with Unit International. As they can help greatly with the Customs BS, and getting it out of port and to you. Getting it out of port can be its own nightmare if you decide to do it all on your own. As most trucking companies have very specific guidelines as to where they will deliver. And most of them have no ramps, or way to lower the container to get car out.

1989 JDM Aztec Red Slicktop Fairlady Z Twin Turbo

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.