TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Some info for you
People Seeking Info

Subject Some info for you

Posted by amuZed on June 16, 2016 at 3:01 AM
  This message has been viewed 718 times.

In Reply To Differences in JDM and USDM models posted by Edgecrusher on June 15, 2016 at 02:31 PM

Message JDM Cars have a few things different.
1. The speedo does read 180 km/h, if the cars not be tampered with, the speeds limited just over that (mines 190 ish)
2. Over 110 km/h you have a chime thats goes off, super annoying if they haven't unplugged it already. Basically a "your speeding" warning.
3. AC Lines are hella annoying. They all use a different AC compressor, mush more similar to the Z31. That said, when it locks up (known for it) you can bolt up a USDM compressor, BUT the lines will not match, be prepared to fork over money to have new lines made.
4. Headlight bulbs are all different, and not that easy to come by in the USA. The JDM cars use a H3C Bulb. And although there is a mod that will allow you to use H3 Bulbs in its place, it will throw a warning light doing it.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head, i am sure there are other minor differences though. I have owned a JDM Slicktop TT for a few years now (in New Zealand then brought home to states with me.) They are cool, but being completely honest, inconvenient most of the time. It is a pain in the ass to pass people on a two lane road, as you cannot easily see around cars. And, as mentioned before, drive thru's suck. If anything like the town I live in, be prepared to be pulled over a few times till the cops get used to you and the fact its legal...

1989 JDM Aztec Red Slicktop Fairlady Z Twin Turbo

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.