TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: No, the left lane is 'intended' for passing.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: No, the left lane is 'intended' for passing.

Posted by gt300zxtt(SoMD) on June 02, 2016 at 8:21 PM
  This message has been viewed 540 times.

In Reply To No, the left lane is 'intended' for passing. posted by ni[X]it on June 02, 2016 at 06:32 PM

Message https://www.facebook.com/Noah.Wilson01/videos/10206300252614040/
Has a similar predicament never happened to anyone else. Cruising down the road on a long road trip with cruise control set with a few mph delta between the car next to you with the intent to pass. Then, the car next to you happens to increase speed as well (two taps of the accel). In this case, you have someone probably excessively speeding approaching your rear end rapidly. Then, you just want to get over, rather than heavily exceeding the speed limit, but there isn't enough room to get into the right lane (that is where the blinker would have come in handy). I have never seen someone get pushed out of the way, though.

Believe me, I am a firm believer of clearing the left hand lane for passing. "I am certain that the truck driver
popped back into the left hand lane" Is the opposite of how I drive. I pass someone and then I park it in the right lane if I am not closing on anyone soon (usually gauged by distances between cars, closure rates, etc.).

Everyone is missing the point: People parking in the left hand lane is an epidemic. But it should be solved a different way, not by putting lives and precious vehicles at risk.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.