TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I hate Geico. I had costly experience with them.
People Seeking Info

Subject I hate Geico. I had costly experience with them.

Posted by 96300NAZ on May 09, 2016 at 9:47 AM
  This message has been viewed 314 times.

In Reply To In related news, I got blacklisted from GEICO posted by WhiTTe Z on May 06, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Message I used to have progressive. Clean record. Had a ZX6r that cost me 500/yr full coverage. Bought my Duc at 30 to replace it and received a quote for 5,800/yr. So I switched to Geico who would insure it for 1,200/yr. I low sided it and the damage wasn't too great that I'd be willing to have a claim on my record. So I called them up and they stated that no I would not have a rate increase due to my driving record. I asked them to verify a few more times to make sure prior to making the claim. All research came back the same, this one would get accident forgiveness. So 6 months later when it was time for the renewal my rate went to 2300/yr.

I called and spoke to the claims department and was told in nice words that I was "mental" for thinking it wouldn't increase. I explained the entirety of the situation, gave times and dates of the original calls, and waited on hold. Supervisor came back and said, yes, she agreed that my rate shouldn't increase from just once incident and a clean record. They got the underwriting department on the line and the underwriter said they changed their pricing methods that the other departments weren't aware of. So here I am listening to two departments battle it out only to hear a stern "Sorry, nothing we can do." from the underwriting department. The supervisor said, "Well you're the first to have had this issue. I'll make a note of it so that it doesn't happen to anyone else."

I promptly switched to State farm and went to 450/yr.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.