TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - In related news, I got blacklisted from GEICO
People Seeking Info

Subject In related news, I got blacklisted from GEICO

Posted by WhiTTe Z on May 06, 2016 at 12:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 568 times.

In Reply To Happy to say that I've been able to get insurance through posted by PiotrC70 on May 06, 2016 at 09:45 AM

Message I have been with Progressive for a couple years and they allow you to add "Additional coverage for additional parts" up to $5000, no questions asked. For me, this additional $5K coverage amounts to about $100 extra a year in premium, no big deal.

A few weeks ago, I was shopping around because Progressive decided to raise my rates for no reason, and on GEICO's site, they say "please call if you would like additional coverage for aftermarket parts" or something along those lines. Like an idiot, I called them and told them I wanted a quote for $5K of additional coverage. When they asked what for, I told them just for wheels and suspension. I made it a point to make it perfectly clear that nothing done to the car was illegal and that I do not race the car or bring it to race track.
After several very long holds, the sales kid on the phone told me that after discussion with an underwriter, "We are unable to issue you a policy at this time due to current underwriting guidelines" ... I partly expected this, and barraged him with questions, but he kept repeating that same line like a broken record. When I asked, "So, am I blacklisted from GEICO?" He said "No, not necessarily, but we are not willing to insure that particular car with that VIN, EVER."

Long story short, Progressive is a lot cooler than GEICO. I'd rather give them the extra $$

"Stance: cuz goin fast cost money yo (n/m) - ZiNnYc
08/09/12 18:23:42"

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.