TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Has anyone used an AEM tru boost gauge/controller?
People Seeking Info

Subject Has anyone used an AEM tru boost gauge/controller?

Posted by L£AÐZX on May 03, 2016 at 8:14 AM
  This message has been viewed 677 times.

In Reply To False. As boost builds, it would start to crack open posted by MixManMash on May 03, 2016 at 06:43 AM

Message I can set my crack pressure and solenoid duty cycle with the controller. My understanding is that the the solenoid prevents air to the actuators until it sees the set crack pressure. Once it hits that set pressure the solenoid opens and closes rapidly allowing air to the actuators at desired duty cycle (100%=closed/no air and 0%=completely open). If I were to set the crack pressure to 12 psi even on the lowest duty cycle (10%) it would hit 20+ peak psi.. And cause weird boost oscillations.

The turbine still has momentum even after the actuator opens the wastegate, thus continuing to build boost but at a much slower rate as pressure bleeds off and equalizes.

Right now my controller is set to 5psi crack pressure and 20-30% duty cycle resulting in peak pressure of 13-16psi. Anything above 9psi crack causes oscillations and way to high peak pressure. With the boost controller off it feels slower but still hits 13-16 peak psi. Is this normal? Any ideas? Bad actuators or not adjusted properly? Stuck/broken wastegates? The solenoid is new and all the hoses are new/not leaking btw

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.