TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - madhatter which cas wheel are you using? Since the cas is
People Seeking Info

Subject madhatter which cas wheel are you using? Since the cas is

Posted by NUTTZ(EPTmotorsports) on April 25, 2016 at 12:58 PM
  This message has been viewed 463 times.

In Reply To I am working on a 60-2 trigger for ultimate resolution (n/m) posted by volcomstone550 on April 25, 2016 at 10:25 AM

Message Essentially just an optical sensor I'm thinking that if your getting a sync signal at startup the cas is good. From my experience the cas doesn't start becoming a problem till 550ish hp and up and it's very noticeable on the logs. It's actually very dangerous because you can essentially be firing your spark plug a couple degrees advanced or retarted which can cause break up, knock, all kinds of bad stuff. Research spark scatter....pretty crazy.

We wanna go 12 tooth wheel on the crankshaft so the ecu has a exact location of the crankshaft, but still utilize the cas sensor to reference the camshaft position. The reason is because the firmware we use for aem, haltech, adaptronics, and proefi are all setup for a 24-1 trigger and wouldn't need to modify the firmware to utilize it.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.