TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - update on my build. 95% done
People Seeking Info

Subject update on my build. 95% done

Posted by dfenton2 on April 23, 2016 at 8:17 PM
  This message has been viewed 1329 times.

Message been a while since Ive posted any updates on my build.
well i had lost motivation to do anything on the car and contemplated just parting it out. it had sat in the garage for months all torn apart just waiting for me to get back to it. after watching every car show i could find trying to get myself motivated to work on it again, i had finally found the energy to get back at it. it actually went pretty smooth considering i was working on it by myself.

thats the motor in and just starting to wrap up all the wiring and piping. fuel lines layed out etc.

trying to keep the interior as intact as possible i tried to sly away from using the fuel cell but i just couldnt figure out how to incorperate my fuel pump into the stock fuel tank and be able to use the entire tank. so i gave up on it and dropped the tank and mounted the cell in the trunk.
turned out fairly clean for a giant aluminum box bolted to the trunk floor

i ditched the factory gauge cluster because for one i found that it was always hit or miss and that i wanted to have a clean install with the extra gauges i had
oil pressure
oil temperature
boost
fuel pressure
so i went with a haltech iq3 race pack display. i can have multiple different inputs on the dash at once so i dont need to drive around with my laptop hooked up to see everything i want to at the same time.
picture during mock up.
after paint and final instillation

i tried to match the texture of the factory dash to give it a cleaner look. the glare if i would have left it raw would have been to much so the only option was to paint it

and this is my completed engine bay. i still have to switch the worm gear clamps for t bolt ones and paint the charge piping black and put replace the red silicone couplers with black. but that can wait until the tune is done and the pressure is off. i have all kinds of time to get it done. maybe make that a project for next winter.

and i pulled the car out of the garage and gave it a nice bath this afternoon so here are some exterior shots.
note that it still needs to go in for an alignment and a roll bar before the tune in edmonton in june.

waiting to get a base map for it so i can do the break in. hopefully get that early next week but we will see

dont mind my daily.

thanks for reading
comments and criticism are more than welcome

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.