TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Traction control......ish
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Traction control......ish

Posted by Madhatter10-6 on January 04, 2016 at 2:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 694 times.

In Reply To Re: Traction control......ish posted by Dallas DamonZ on January 04, 2016 at 11:51 AM

Message ***Disclaimer: I am still VERY new to PID and think that it mostly consists of black magic ;) ***

There are several of Haltechs main features that allow (need) the user to adjust their PID system.

Boost Control (closed loop)
Idle Control
Traction
Long Term Fuel Trim
etc etc

idle control example:

boost control example:

Haltech also allows you to build multiple pages and displays to show just about anything that is occurring as an input or output.

So when I am setting anything on the car I just have a pre built page that shows all of the relevant data including the gain for each channel of PID

Here is a rough sketch for when I am setting up idle. I can hit the throttle really quickly and then look at the out puts for each channel and the reaction time and make changes to sensitivity as needed. So I am not doing it blind. This system allows me to get to the correct answer....maybe just not the right way :)

When dialing in the traction control I take the same approach. Ill start with a setting that I think will allow for some clamping and then chart tire slip vs one of the PID outputs and see if the system is reacting quickly enough and then start making small changes from there. While its not the most scientific way to approach it works. With having done this several times now we can get it dialed in pretty quickly and the end result is awesome. As a side note I like to use ignition retarding as the main approach and ignition based cylinder kill for for a back up. So the first 5-10% of slip is controlled by pulling timing and after that we just have it hit a wall with cylinder kill. I don't ever want 15% tire slip at a higher speed.

One really cool advantage of the Haltech system over Race Logic or anything more static is that you can build a 3d table and have the amount of slip decrease as speed increases. Having 10% slip at 20mph is not the same has having 10% slip at 80mph and being able to set that is a really cool feature. Whenever Haltech gets the bugs worked out of the Elite I think it will be the best system on the market for the money hands down.

That answer your question?

Madhatter10-6

src="http://www.apexlogik.net/redpoint/banner/new%20banner%2011
.jpg"
src="http://www.apexlogik.net/redpoint/banner/tsc.jpg"

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.