TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Need community advice on standalone system.
People Seeking Info

Subject Need community advice on standalone system.

Posted by esimplx on January 03, 2016 at 11:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 582 times.

Message I know this subject has been beaten half to death but I have a situation with my build and I would love the advice of this knowledgeable community.
I currently have a aem v1 standalone running MAP with aem map and a it sensors as well as a single wideband. ID 1000 cc injectors on a top feed rail. Since having it find I have made some major changes, 2.5 piping, planar intake, msps, Ash massive intercoolers, ect so I plan to have the car re tuned. I have a flex fuel sensor in and would love to have the car tuned for flex fuel, but the v1 does not support it. So here are the options :
1. Aem v2. Supports flex fuel, uses the sensors I already have installed. Fairly expensive at just under $2000.
2. Aem infinity 6. Much more advanced as far as I can tell, though I havnt an many people running the infinity on our cars. Built in uego so I can run a second wideband. Harder install, but I'm not concerned by that as much. Somewhat cheaper too at $1300.
3. Haltech. I know a lot less about haltech so I'm hesitant to make the move. Will it support my aem sensors or would I have to change those out? About the same price as the v2.
4. Keep the v1, and have it tuned in e85 without flex fuel, or have two maps to change between. Seems like a pain but of course it is the cheaper option and I could put the money elsewhere. I would love input on the other advantages to switching away from the v1.

Thanks in advance!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.