TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Project Moving Forward! Brakes Installed! TwinZ kit install
People Seeking Info

Subject Project Moving Forward! Brakes Installed! TwinZ kit install

Posted by zxnazx(tt) on December 22, 2015 at 10:17 PM
  This message has been viewed 1258 times.

Message Hello everyone. Initially this full repaint/engine update should have taken few months but dragged out for over a year.
Hopefully will finish it by the new year :)

Last week finished installing AP brakes which look great.

I have to say that the Fitment of Twin Z products is good. Kaminari side skirts do not fit well, have to grind and adjust. For Safer practicality i would go with Stillen again but after having Stillen sides and body kit on many of my z's i was just tired and decided to try out the Twinz and i have to say IT LOOKS like a different CAR period. I just wish the material was not as Fragile as it is...

Also now have an issue of lifting the car with a floor jack or a lift due to the side skirts being in the way. Had to take square jackking pieces from a Mini cooper i have for parts and fabricate holes under a z and install them into the holes so now i have solid points of lifting the car.

............ Quarter glass after market moldings not as good as i expected them to be..... must say that.....
However beats buying new quarter glass with the molding....

Also ran into an issue with the Rear glass today, had mine cut a while ago and when got to the installation noticed that the heating element broke off so had to pull out a 96 spare hatch and have my glass guy spend 40 min carefully cutting the other glass out so we can install it................. The Molding we preserved and kept as it was in a good shape...........paid the guy 100 just to cut the glass out and was happy to pay it as he did a great job.... another 140 for new front as the one i cut out ended up braking while was in storage :(

photo IMG_5004_zpsfxaecpjw.jpg

photo IMG_5011_zpsqsa0av4b.jpg
 photo IMG_5002_zpsppgevgzq.jpg
 photo IMG_5003_zpsmpxoo800.jpg
rear shield needed cuting

photo IMG_5012_zpsbpphwkns.jpg
 photo IMG_5013_zps2igsliar.jpg
 photo IMG_5010_zpsubhw3eax.jpg
 photo IMG_5008_zpsf16glhnl.jpg
 photo IMG_5007_zpsauzufcgl.jpg
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy160/dvv300zx/IMG_5001_zps7nx9cvvq.jpg ][/IMG">

The clearance on the rear rotor is much tighter than the OEM as you see the step is smoother on the OEM and much sharper on AP causing you to loose 2mm of wheel stud length in the back, had to grind smooth it out a bit to get the rotor to sit deeper.

photo IMG_5017_zpskqunsiqp.jpg
 photo IMG_5018_zpsansgom8y.jpg
 photo IMG_5016_zpsalxxu5qd.jpg photo IMG_5019_zpsupmlaagv.jpg
 photo IMG_5057_zpsowwospqs.jpg
 photo IMG_5059_zps4vl4n9zh.jpg
 photo IMG_5120_zpsw4vzzr35.jpg
 photo IMG_5054_zpseopvryao.jpg
 photo IMG_5050_zpsy84n7kzl.jpg
 photo IMG_5116_zpswsrs6zyq.jpg
 photo IMG_5119_zpsc3taptu6.jpg
 photo IMG_5030_zpsbvszxyyn.jpg

Front Bumper with the LIp makes the car even lower :( need to raise it about half an inch

photo IMG_5153_zpsrqpgqlfl.jpg
 photo IMG_5150_zpsgpklfsiu.jpg
 photo IMG_5132_zps9kidrsrm.jpg
 photo IMG_5151_zpsuuo3lgw0.jpg

I must say to all that the fitment on the Front Bumper TwinZ is AWSOME! IT Actually Fits Good!!!!!!

photo IMG_5147_zpsioh59ws7.jpg
 photo IMG_5127_zpsahluw90p.jpg

you have to cut shave the IC ducts quite a bit

photo IMG_5128_zps9lgke0wd.jpg

Honda Prelude rear bumper lights used on Twin Z

photo IMG_5164_zpsaiwpdjue.jpg

photo IMG_5162_zpsrliuijl7.jpg

photo IMG_5163_zpsedmgyqz0.jpg

Installed the Glass and Rear spoiler few hours ago

photo IMG_5160_zpshyebmllv.jpg

photo IMG_5157_zpsyxrttihh.jpg
 photo IMG_5159_zpshx9peone.jpg

Should have shaved the rear wiper arm and the radio antenna but was pressed on time....

photo IMG_5160_zpshyebmllv.jpg
 photo IMG_5161_zps37pwrczy.jpg

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.