TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Speed Sensor, coating, weight, and water pump
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Speed Sensor, coating, weight, and water pump

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on December 18, 2015 at 12:21 AM
  This message has been viewed 354 times.

In Reply To Cliff Notes & Thoughts... posted by induetime on December 16, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Message I agree the speed sensor will probably have many fail safes but its main purpose is reliable performance boost. The sensor enabled ECU architecture is likely a lot different including an integral boost controller optimizing both speed sensors independently rather than old fashioned pneumatic control. The new system also removes the need for a balance tube (or at least it can be much, much smaller). Fundamentally it does the same thing as our old systems but the speed sensor is way more accurate and fast! An exciting and much anticipated change for me. Hopefully the speed sensor is reliable too. We'll see.

Overall I also expect the ECU to be way more complicated and difficult to crack the code... especially considering the electronic controlled valve train. Greg alluded to the increased efficacy and complexity of the GTR knock system. I'm sure this has more of the same. But so what, technology evolves forward.

The advantage of the bore coating is two fold: less resistance and lower weight (through increased material strength). A not-so insignificant upgrade but like the integral manifolds it's a downer for gearheads because it comes at a price: less margin to hone cylinders. Lower weight means less margin too but better stock system performance, i.e. our ability to increase power off this new base gets more difficult.

The emphasis on increased coolant flow for the new VR and GTR are conspicuous. I believe this may be untapped potential for our VGs. Really.

Direct injection FTW! Now that's a real upgrade.

OverZealous (CT)

My General posts (click)">La-Z-Link

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.