TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Cliff Notes & Thoughts...
People Seeking Info

Subject Cliff Notes & Thoughts...

Posted by induetime on December 16, 2015 at 12:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 551 times.

In Reply To Infiniti VR engine...and eventually in the next Z? posted by 5150Z on December 15, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Message Thanks for sharing the article, I had not seen it yet. Here are some of my thoughts on it:

~ 3.0-liter V6 twin-turbo engine.
* Smaller & Lighter than the VQ
~ "Square" engine, with equal cylinder bore and stroke dimensions (86.0 x 86.0 mm).
* Good balance of valve size, quench area, rotational mass, piston velocity, etc.
~ 400 horsepower @ 6400 rpm and 350 lb-ft maximum torque @ 1600-5200 rpm.
* Very good & usable power band.
~ Electric motor is fitted to the valve timing system.
* This will be difficult to "crack the code" & improve its performance.
~ Turbine speed sensor.
* Free upgrade, this will also be a speed bump in improving performance of the motor package as I'm sure its used in multiple fail safes.
~ Direct-injection gasoline (DIG) fueling system.
* Atomization of fuel is far superior to conventional injection, improving detonation resistance, leaving more room for higher compression & better MPG. The down side is the fuel pump & how to get more fow out of a pump that is already pushing a ton of pressure. New BMWs have this challenge. Brushless motor fuel pumps are around the corner & I feel this will be the start of the solution needed.
~ Integrated exhaust manifold.
* This sucks. Ford & Honda do it to now. It will limit future turbo selection. Aftermarket turbo manifolds are difficult to produce unless cast. The short length manifold is great for TQ, but it will choke the limit of high HP when pushed.
~ Spray bore coating for the engine block.
* Free upgrade. Same a the VR38
~ Water-cooled intercooler system.
* Better for aero dymanics & thus better MPG. Better cooling or charged air (until heat soaked), however I assume the second water pump will combat this. Shorter piping, thus quicker response. I'm sure there will be improvements to be had with this system & maybe an Air to Air system could be made for guys that want to track it.

Over all its has some great features & I'm sure it will be fun to drive.

~Induetime~ "Lag Less"
First Stock Turbo to break 500WHP on boost alone (Pre-E85).
New track car project "Diseaze":
http://arizonazproject.wordpress DOT com
Custom fabrication for the Z32: search QFAB on
Facebook:
QFAB
More custom fabrication: search FuturFabrication on Facebook:
Future
Fab

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.