TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I removed the egr vac line and was still getting a slight
People Seeking Info

Subject I removed the egr vac line and was still getting a slight

Posted by Evan(CA) on December 02, 2015 at 3:39 AM
  This message has been viewed 315 times.

In Reply To well... your main goal here is to stop exhaust gas posted by BarryGZX on December 02, 2015 at 02:46 AM

Message leak. It's like the diaphragm has a slight leak and normal vac isn't enough to seal it completely as it still has a leak with the egr hose removed and capped along with the egr nipple though I'm fairly certain that doesn't matter.

One thing I noticed that I don't know if it's normal is if I rapidly depress the brakes I can get the vag to drop as low as ~-15 and then it jumps up to ~17 but occasionally it's all the way up to 18.6. The highest it gets seems to correspond to be blipping the throttle and then it settles high for a significant time before falling back to ~17

I've don't numerous boost tests and it will hold 5+psi for 5 seconds and 2-3psi for an additional 5 seconds The leak is definitely the rear of the engine and I think I can even feel a very slight leak under the egr at the diaphragm but I'm not positive and don't want to tackle such an involved process if I'm not sure.

The only other issue I am having is under had clutch in stops the engine wants to die and sometimes does. I can baby it and get it from happening but if I'm driving even morderately hard it will do it. It's like I have an old school dual pop with driveability kit but it's a selin.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.