TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Temporary EGR delete with engine+trans in car?
People Seeking Info

Subject Temporary EGR delete with engine+trans in car?

Posted by Evan(CA) on December 02, 2015 at 1:49 AM
  This message has been viewed 826 times.

Message So recently I had my engine out and being in California I should have just replaced it but all those while you're in there expenses add up. I tested it and it held vacuum but seems to leak under boost but it could very well be leaking vac as well but it is definitely operational and passed smog just a couple weeks ago. I have to keep it operational for smog as in the 10+ years of having a Z smogged they have always not only checked that it was in place but operational.

Anyways all new hardware are freshly installed in the EGR including the mounting bolts, egr pipe bolts, egr to MSP manifold pipe and water pipes so things should come apart fairly easily if I can get a wrench on things. My main concern is the manifold to egr pipe.

What I'd like to do is use the 300 degree delete kit but not remove the egr plenum piping. I'd cut a sections out of the tubes running to the plenum so I have enough clearance to pull them from the plenum and then when smog came again in 2 years I reinstall the cut plenum pipes and use couplings. Any reason you see this wouldn't work Or do I bite the bullet and pull the motor again? I want the car in tip top shape before SZ tunes it

These are from when the engine was just pulled.

photo b_zpsuiptscdg.jpg

photo d_zpswfy81j6x.jpg
 photo a_zpsuz1hjdua.jpg

photo c_zpsnsdoggzs.jpg

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.