TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Project Ultimate Z32 Headlight
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Project Ultimate Z32 Headlight

Posted by Zeke21 on July 28, 2015 at 3:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 374 times.

In Reply To Project Ultimate Z32 Headlight posted by Zeke21 on July 28, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Message Not all Euro headlights have the electric aiming. The UK and France did not get them. Early France models actually got its own unique headlight as it requires yellow low beams. Their units have yellow lens on the projector. I do know that Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Poland did get electronic aiming headlights.

You used to be able to buy the motor separate but they are NLA. So are the headlights that come with the motors and brackets. Only way to find a set is used and it is extremely difficult. Took me years to find a set and I've actually had this one for a while now.

The aiming motor and bracket it sits on is really the only thing different between Euro headlights...with the exception of the UK which is RHD cutoffs. Otherwise the housing on Euro headlights and JDM appear to be identical.

The aiming motor adjusts the vertical axis of the projector. It is controlled by a switch in the car. My blog does detail some of this info.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.