TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Ressurecting My Z
People Seeking Info

Subject Ressurecting My Z

Posted by BenjaminD on July 23, 2015 at 8:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 367 times.

Message Hi!

I found you guys a few months before I bought my Z, back in 2008. This website has been a wonderful resource in doing my own maintenance (and finding a new crank pulley after using the wrong type of gear puller). I moved up to MA for college and drove my Z during the summer in FL. In 2013, I drove it from FL to MA and started using it to commute to my job. As New England grew colder, my Z started to struggle with fuel smells, potholes, and a general dislike of near-freezing temperatures. I found place to park my Z and bought a ’14 Mazda3 as a daily driver.

I very nearly convinced myself to sell my Z, until one passed me on the highway and I realized I couldn’t really give it up. Now I finally have the resources, time, and space to fix up my Z.

It has about 160k miles, engine and drivetrain is fine, and so far as I can tell it needs the following:

- Springs/Shocks/Coilovers – Fortune Auto 500 coilovers looked interesting
- Tension rods or new bushings – Was thinking SPL Titanium
- Maybe some more bushings, because (maybe subframe, steering?)
- New fuel lines (fire is bad)
- Some interior work (damp, mold)
- Hydraulics flush (and maybe new brake lines)
- Clean throttle bodies (throttle hard to depress sometimes)
- Track down and fix AC coolant leak

I primarily plan on driving my Z for fun. I’d consider auto-cross or tracking it occasionally, but really driving it and working on it is enough.

What do you guys think? Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.