TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - You make some good points.
People Seeking Info

Subject You make some good points.

Posted by bartz32tt on July 01, 2015 at 5:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 547 times.

In Reply To Me too. I would be happy to be wrong. (n/m) posted by not4resaleZ on July 01, 2015 at 04:50 PM

Message I think the main concern with ethanol's hygroscopic nature is injector corrosion which leads to injector failure/degradation. This is in cases where the car is run, then parked for a while with the residual watered-down fuel percolating on the injector's armature and rusting. Not an issue with ethanol-compatible injectors in which the materials are highly resistant to corrosion/rust. I think it is also yet to be determined whether a deleted CC would cause more water absorption into a tank of E85, but it's an interesting theory I haven't considered before.

As to the concern for volatile aromatics emitted from the gas tank, I think your concern is valid. But I'm personally not convinced that it's volatile to an extent that we should be concerned for our health about. I'll stand-by for input on that though.

________________Sig Separator________________________

Selling used ACT full-face sprung clutch kit: $300 + shipping ConUS!

Chrome "boost" hardpipes and couplers/clamps $100 + shipping

Twin Turbo aluminum front calipers: $200 + shipping. Needs paint or will paint red for additional $50

Parting out my entire 1990 twin turbo! Please email me for needed parts!
See profile for my WTB/WTT list as well.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.