TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 100% let Haltech do it
People Seeking Info

Subject 100% let Haltech do it

Posted by Madhatter10-6 on July 01, 2015 at 3:45 PM
  This message has been viewed 728 times.

In Reply To Haltech Platinum pro boost control decision. posted by MeatMan on July 01, 2015 at 03:08 PM

The entire point (IMO) of going with a standalone is to get everything into one eco system. This is better for tuning, changing conditions after the tune, safety, money, etc etc.

Here are the main reasons to let Haltech do this(no particular order):

1) Fuel Correction. The ECU can be setup to scale your target boost based on ethanol percentage, Nitrous, water injection etc.

2) Closed Loop / Open Loop Boost Control. You can run off of a static duty cycle based or you can run closed loop and have the control system (PID) make sure that your target boost (and the boost that you tuned for) stays where it needs to. This will automatically account for changes in the environment to make sure your not over or under. It also spools faster with closed loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZpCYe_0Azs

3) Cost. The Mac Boost solenoid is dirt cheap on ebay. Its the exact same one that almost everyone uses. Just buy it and save cash and sell your old setup.

4) Traction Control. With the Haltech one of the features allows you to setup boost by gear...boost by MPH...boost by percentage tire slip or whatever variables you want to go off of. I use this and love it.

5)Safety. If / when your car starts to have issue...run to lean, over heat, low oil pressure, etc you can set the system up to cut boost.

etc etc

If your still on the 3rd party boost control system you loose / reduce all of these. It just doesn't make sense to buy a really nice stand alone and then still use another (usually lesser) system to control one of the most important aspects of a boosted car.

Best case its more expensive / complicated with fewer features.

My $.02

Also feel free to call me to further discuss if you want.

Madhatter10-6

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.