TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thanks for weighing in...
People Seeking Info

Subject Thanks for weighing in...

Posted by ConVerTT on June 22, 2015 at 11:29 AM
  This message has been viewed 419 times.

In Reply To My 2 cents posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on June 21, 2015 at 01:10 PM

Message I would expect that you guys have seen all types of cofigurations and compression ratios over the years. In some cases - deliberate boosting of an NA block as I did. But i would also expect that you see many many cases of higher than normal compression - deliberate or inadvertent - on built/rebuilt engines (like Mahesh's)? It would seem to me that all kinds of things could result in increased compression - resurfacing, piston selection, head gasket thickness etc?

It also seems to me that the tuning process that you use is somewhat independent of knowing the specific compression ratio in advance, and that the process will ferret out any necessary changes to timing etc resulting from the higher compression?

I haven't switched out the heads on the pearl convertible (but I have a set sitting on my shelf). With all this discussion about optimization I forgot to mention some very important advice that I got from Seb at our last session as I started chatted to him about the "next" mods for "next" time. He said, "why don't you drive them around for a bit and enjoy them? LOL". And I have been!

Cheers

ConVerTT - 93 Hi Compression TT Convertible (black)
XtraVerTT - 93 Hi Compression TT Convertible (glacier white)
SlickTTop - 96 OBD1 TT Slicktop (black)
Old Yeller - 90 Slicktop NA (PGY)

And their hot Asian Cousin - 01 Acura NSX NA

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.