TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'm neurotic with my work- Not an expert at many things
People Seeking Info

Subject I'm neurotic with my work- Not an expert at many things

Posted by flashstar on June 21, 2015 at 1:39 PM
  This message has been viewed 400 times.

In Reply To Re: Flowbench Worship? Don't Question the Pope? posted by Bad Fish on June 21, 2015 at 01:09 PM

Message I set my auto tensioner 5 times because I was aiming to get it set precisely at 4mm after turning the engine. Would you be careful with your timing belt when installing your ~$5000 heads? It probably doesn't matter, but it makes me feel better. I'll take egg on my face any day before losing a set of heads like these. Like I said before, I'm meticulous with my work. I took the time to polish all of my valve covers, powder coat most brackets, etc.

You've made some very bold statements as well my friend. Where are your measurements, pictures? Have you CC'd all of these heads, built CNC maps of the ports, wet flow tested, etc.? You're only a faceless name on the internet ATM.

Here are my main two claims:

-The 30p heads have a better short side radius. This is as close to "fact" as ConverTT's claims about the wrist pins.
-Nissan probably beefed up the TT wrist pins, pistons, and exhaust valves for a reason. Whether this is shown to be a poor decision after modern testing is another thing... Maybe it was only emissions related? The stronger components probably provide a larger safety margin either way.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.