TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: ^ Agree ^ Hatch glass tinted ? If not, window will
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: ^ Agree ^ Hatch glass tinted ? If not, window will

Posted by dialectic on June 09, 2015 at 3:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 345 times.

In Reply To ^ Agree ^ Hatch glass tinted ? If not, window will posted by ttz'in (norcal) on June 09, 2015 at 03:07 PM

Message Hi Norcal and fellow ttnetters...

Here's where my drive will begin at the eastern edge: 36.304947, -116.464610 (just cut and paste these coordinates into google map's search box); it will end in Olancha at 36.271094, -118.000438. Go to Google maps and feast your eyes on the roads...

Keep in mind that I'm going out there to have a good drive and in no way intend to drive like a psycho. I love this national park and go out there for astronomy frequently, so I actually really respect the ecology there. I got the idea to bring the Z there years ago when I saw the four Hummer H2s being tested out there but never did. At Stovepipe Village the drivers were getting drinks and I talked to them about why they were there. They didn't disclose much but said they were testing the system's electronics in the heat, or something like this.

Truth be told, other than concerns for the car, the only thing that I'm worried about is running over desert tortises, lol. They cross the roads very, very slowly. I was there in my commuter beater Sentra once and pulled over to carry a tortise as it tried to cross the road. It actually hissed at me cuz it was pissed. They're hard to see because they're the almost the same color as the sandy shoulder and pavement. Will keep you all posted. I hope those of you that have never been to DV will consider driving through there...very surreal and remote(99% for the park has no cell signal).

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.