TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Funny you mention the PNP Dallas West (observation) ->
People Seeking Info

Subject Funny you mention the PNP Dallas West (observation) ->

Posted by james92se on May 21, 2015 at 10:41 AM
  This message has been viewed 352 times.

In Reply To Just in case anyone needs Z32 parts.... posted by Zuberman on May 21, 2015 at 03:21 AM

Message I go to a lot of the Dallas PNP yards, primarily the one on 2nd Ave. (Dallas South) and the one on 310. Anyway, my comment is just sort of an anecdotal observation about the Dallas West location:

They have a huge yard, but for whatever reason their cars always seem to be inordinately COMPLETELY stripped, or the entire thing is cut-up with a Sawzall, or totally annihilated/wrecked to such an extent that nothing is salvageable. So they have this enormous selection yet nothing is ever usable.

In terms of a pure statistical distribution, it's kind of strange how that seems to always be the case at Dallas West. I have been there probably 20 times and I think I have only left with a part on two occasions. It's a shame really because Dallas West has the nicest employees and they actually follow the listed pricing.

And now a slight off-topic rant regarding pricing and employees - you mention you have contacts there. What is the deal with the Dallas 2nd Ave. (Dallas South) being total pricks all the time/making up prices/blatantly overcharging/not following the listed pricing? The location on 310 does the same thing but not nearly as bad as 2nd Avenue. I go to 2nd Ave. (Dallas South) about 5 times a month and without fail get blatantly overcharged each time and have to debate/argue semantics regarding their listed prices vs. what they actually charge me and my brother/buddies.

They list "fuel injected engine w/accessories" for $179.99 plus $49.99 core. There is a PNP document which lists exactly what the "accessories" consists of: brackets for belts, carb or TB, distributor, engine sensors, exhaust manifolds, belts, flywheel, injectors, crank pulley, ignition components, intake manifold, oil pan, pulleys, tensioners, timing components, valve covers, water pump. Basically, you pull an engine INCLUDING EVERYTHING ON IT for $179.99 plus $49.99 core. Some stuff is extra: AC compressor, ECU, alternator, MAF, starter PS pump, etc - BUT if you buy the whole engine these extra items are only $10 each.

Yet, if you pull an engine at 2nd Avenue (Dallas South) they will without fail charge you about $700 total. They'll literally charge the $179 and then additionally charge you separately for every piece I just listed above that is supposed to be included in the "accessories". Oh, you want the exhaust manifolds? That's extra. You want the throttle body? That's extra. How about the crank pulley? Oh that's extra. Literally. Every. Single. Item. Conveniently for them, this PNP document I mention that lists all the "accessories" is NOT displayed at this location. I had to take a picture of it with my phone just for future proof/debates.

My brother and I got into it with the manager guy at the Dallas South location about a year ago for totally screwing us over on a Honda engine which they ended up charging nearly $700. He then decided to "give us" the exhaust manifold as a show of good faith/compromise along the lines of "see, look how nice I'm being, I'll even throw in this nice aftermarket header that I should really charge you X amount of money for". The hilarious part about this was that PNP cut the flange right off the back of the header and totally flattened the pipe in the process when they removed the catalytic converter so the header was totally useless anyway. :)

The extra sad/ironic part is that even if you go during one of their 50% off sales, you STILL can't pull an engine and come out close to their listed NORMAL price. It's just so infuriating especially when you can't just say "fine I'll go get it elsewhere" because sometimes you CAN'T get it elsewhere.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.