TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It's not so simple. A comfortable ride can be achieved with
People Seeking Info

Subject It's not so simple. A comfortable ride can be achieved with

Posted by flashstar on April 26, 2015 at 11:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 290 times.

In Reply To I'm thinking its the SPL coilovers...the simple fact is that posted by LJZTT on April 26, 2015 at 08:13 PM

Message much less travel. A big key to ride comfort is a strut that "blows off" in a digressive manner during high strut velocities. A digressive strut will be well-controlled at low strut velocities but will blow off pressure automatically when you encounter road debris. High strut velocities are typically seen when driving over road debris while low velocities occur when cornering.

The Powertrix coilovers (as of last year at least) are very linear. In other words, they continue to become stiffer with greater strut velocities. Some coilovers (like my Fortune Auto 510's) are very digressive. My ride is nearly as comfortable as stock but roll control is as good as Powertrix SS struts.

I bet dollars to donuts that the old SPL coilovers were linear since digressive technology has only come on the consumer scene in the last decade. I installed some Bilstein Clubsports on my father's A3 and it's almost like riding on a cloud. Not only does this $4500 kit have a very digressive profile, it uses 2 valves per strut. Still monotube. Handling performance is simply incredible as well.

I'm very happy with my aftermarket sway bars. At least they offer decent adjustability so that I can match them with my coilover settings. There's no way in hell I'm going back to stock or to a TT rear bar.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.