TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Adjustable actuator rods make turbos much easier to adjust
People Seeking Info

Subject Adjustable actuator rods make turbos much easier to adjust

Posted by ZXoltan on April 26, 2015 at 6:32 AM
  This message has been viewed 337 times.

In Reply To Back in the day (10 years ago) posted by BOOZTD 3 on April 26, 2015 at 01:24 AM

Message without having to reclock. Most everything above stock uses adjustable actuators.

Z1 has a turnbuckle type kit that can be used to upgrade threaded actuator rods to adjust in small increments without removing the arm from the WG lever, which is also an improvement for synchronizing the turbos and setting preload. The length can be cut down for shorter applications. La-Z-Link

On stock turbo actuators the rod can be modified by cutting it and threading with a tap, using the Z1 part to re-attach to the WG lever. You turn the large nut to lengthen or shorten and then tighten the jam nuts.

Ash had posted a while back about drilling and rewelding the WG lever as Andy described above. Ash had indicated it should be done at EXACTLY 90 DEGREES, but when I asked him via email about this several years ago his response was: "The wastegate arm on the driver's side has been reclocked to produce a 70-degree relational angle like that on the passenger side. I used to make this at 90-degrees but it ends up limiting the throw. Instead I do them at a lesser angle and match the two sides."

Thought this might be helpful to someone.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.