TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - just wanted to provide insight
People Seeking Info

Subject just wanted to provide insight

Posted by Zsgetyoulaid on April 14, 2015 at 12:04 AM
  This message has been viewed 234 times.

In Reply To When it comes to spending on cars and parts the sky's the posted by 240Z FeO2 on April 13, 2015 at 12:04 PM

Message I realize it may initially appear that Im purely in a defensive posture on this, but hear me out....

I understand not everyone can justify spending a couple hundred dollars on refinishing a throttle cable cover. But I did, and while I might be the minority here on this one, Im not special. Im probably not the first to do this, and I doubt I'll be the last. While my main objective is to help the OP, even if the OP isnt interested, people do search here and that will at least provide an opportunity to give relevant information on this to them. Additionally, if it doesnt fit in someones budget for this type of thing, at least they know not to attempt going that route. The way I saw it: regardless if the reader finds it to be a good idea, they'll be able to make easily that determination due to the fact that I went ahead and provided the information before they had to spend the time to figure that out themselves like I did.

Now, while I may have been able to do this work myself, there are a lot of things other people have already figured out and can do it better than I can. Much like why I sent my engine to SZ to be built and had Woody put everything together. I realize those are larger undertakings, but theyre still good examples as to why I personally prefer to pay others to perform work in areas of their expertise where I lack expertise. But I digress...

Examples pertaining to this topic specifically:
-I have no idea where to go to get the stickers done that are on my throttle cable cover.
-Im not sure that I would have had the forethought to use the same clear coat they used.
-I guarantee you that I wouldnt have been able to paint match the blue half as well as they did.
-And then after all of that...do I clear coat over the stickers or clear coat it and then apply the stickers?

Those first 3 things alone, coupled with the time that would be required for me to figure it all out and execute, were worth the couple hundred dollars I spent (to me).

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.