TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - That theory is interesting but doesn't jive with what I
People Seeking Info

Subject That theory is interesting but doesn't jive with what I

Posted by Inzane on April 08, 2015 at 11:30 AM
  This message has been viewed 213 times.

In Reply To I own a BMW 335 with the engine in question posted by Zsgetyoulaid on April 08, 2015 at 05:20 AM

Message had heard.

The coles notes explanation I read about was basically down to temperature. Because of the proximity of the HPFP to the engine, the fuel simply would get too hot causing it to flash, which then damages the pump as it cavitates. If you can't reduce the temperature, the other way to fix that is to increase the pressure. Hence the eprom flash I mentioned in my other post which was supposed to change the timing sequence somehow allowing the LPFP to supply the HPFP more pressure when starting up. (Sorry I don't have a link handy, or I'd provide it. It would've been a while ago, around the same time they announced the warranty extension on the pumps.)

I had that flash done at the dealership several years ago, and to date have not had a failure of the HPFP (or injectors).

That said, I've also followed my own oil change plan at approximately ~5000 mile intervals since day one, so I guess I can't completely rule out the contiminated diaphragm theory either.

Inzane

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.