TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I own a BMW 335 with the engine in question
People Seeking Info

Subject I own a BMW 335 with the engine in question

Posted by Zsgetyoulaid on April 08, 2015 at 5:20 AM
  This message has been viewed 208 times.

In Reply To Don't get me wrong posted by bartz32tt on April 07, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Message I havent had any issues with the HPFP (yet?). My understanding from several reputable sources is that the issue with the HPFP is mainly due to maintenance intervals. The oil typically gets changed ~15,000 miles. Thats not a typo. You dont get a sticker in the window or anything like that, you rely on the car to tell you (with oil indication light) that you need an oil change. As the oil picks up contaminants, its no longer able to adequately protect the diaphragm for the HPFP. If you get your oil changed more frequently and use good oil, you shouldnt see a HPFP issue. Additionally, BMW extended the warranty to cover the HPFPs to 100k miles. While that doesnt exactly instill confidence in someone who doesnt want to get stranded in the middle of nowhere, it is a start.

Disclaimer: This information is mostly regurgitated, and I have found little *solid* information regarding this issue on my own. Right now, theres very little out there on this issue outside of what tuners and mechanics have found.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.