TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - As some background, by giving the fabric to this guy
People Seeking Info

Subject As some background, by giving the fabric to this guy

Posted by 240Z FeO2 on March 31, 2015 at 12:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 311 times.

In Reply To What would you do in my situation? posted by ZroadsTTer on March 31, 2015 at 09:57 AM

Message you have created what is called a bailment; placing something in the care of another person for a specific purpose. This type of bailment is called a mutual benefit bailment. There is an expectation of mutal benefit: you will get seat covers and he will get your money for constructing them. In this kind of bailment, the bailee (recipient) must exercise reasonable care in protecting your fabric. Therefore, only unusual circumstances could relieve him of the responsibility of maintaining and protecting that fabric for you. For example, his shop burned down or thieves broke in, both of which there should be corroborating evidence for (insurance claim, police report). I mention these points because the guy can't just say now too much time has passed or he lost the fabric.

What to do about his indifference to making good on completing the job? Unless you have another recourse, the only thing that occurs to me is tell him that, unless he responds, you will put pressure on him by disclosing the details here. Maybe somebody else has a better idea.

Chance favors the informed

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.