TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - BIG sincere "thank you" to Shawn(kongztt28gtrsmd)
People Seeking Info

Subject BIG sincere "thank you" to Shawn(kongztt28gtrsmd)

Posted by eriksu9 on March 23, 2015 at 9:39 AM
  This message has been viewed 452 times.

Message Long story short, I hit a speed bump at 20 mph and car started sputtering, spitting, shutting off, loss of power, etc..After a couple minutes, started running fine.. I got home, checked maf sensor and it seemed to be just a tiny bit loose. I secured connection, and drove the Z next day thinking it was good to go.

2 days later, started doing the same thing:kicking, sputtering, shutting off, loss of power etc but what was weird is that i could actually watch the gas gauge go from 1/2 tank to "E" in about 20 minutes..Car seemed to be running way rich and just running terrible.. I was able to eek it home and it would never start after that...

I talked to Shawnkongztt about it to which he came up and did some diagnosing. He cleaned the ptu connections, maf sensor connections, also the cas, and did several other misc things and car still wouldnt start. He brought up a OEM fuel pump which he installed and still would not start although my fuel pump seemed to be on its way out anway and of course Shawn had an extra one in his garage.. :) He then pulled a spark plug which was black, wet and had major build up on it. He pulled the rest of the plugs, regapped, cleaned and sandblasted and boom!! Z started right up and is running great..

In talking to him and others, turns out the single maf sensor is only good for around 500rwhp and after that you will need a dual maf setup which i did not know. I was running a JWT dual pop with single maf. Shawn of course had a Selin kit also suitting in his garage so he put that on as well as the fuel pump and cleaned all connections and the Z car is running unbelievable..Thanks soo much Shawn for coming up 2 nights in a row and getting me up and on the road,.... I was perplexed.. :) Anyone that needs any work done in the De, Pa, Md area should hit him up if you have any Z problems. He is smart, knowledgable and very anal(in a manner of speaking) :) Thanks buddy!

****CURRENT DYNO RESULTS AS OF 11-18-13 SPORT 700BB
TURBOS- 514 RWHP/468 FT TORQUE ON 93 PUMP GAS @ 18 PSI
Wiseco 87.5 mm pistons, head work

****OLD DYNO RESULTS: GT28R TURBOS- 438 RWHP ON 93 OCTANE
PUMP GAS/STOCK MOTOR****
****472 RWHP ON 110 RACE
GAS*******************************

Also own:

2001 Harley Davidson Custom Softail Deuce
1993 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 NA
1997 Ford Explorer XLT V8 AWD
2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer XLT
1991 Yamaha YZ250

Sold:
1985 Ford Bronco 3" lift 35" tires
1986 Yamaha FJ1100
1986 Nissan 300zx na(Z31)
1979 280ZX 2+2
1972 MGB
1968 Pontiac Firebird
1972 Nissan 240Z, dual webber carbs, etc

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.