TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Thanks for the info.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Thanks for the info.

Posted by zromtech on March 16, 2015 at 2:44 PM
  This message has been viewed 340 times.

In Reply To Thanks for the info. posted by DVDBURN (MD) on March 15, 2015 at 01:17 AM

Message All of the CONSULT active test data is actually stored in the 1kb RAM of the HD6314 co-processor, not the HD6303. There is a 96-byte segment in there used specifically for CONSULT. In the control subroutine for each system that has an active test (IACV, VTC, EGR, AIV, PRVR, etc..) there is a conditional statement that checks to see if the active test is enabled. If it is, then a new value is read from the Consult RAM, overriding the normal operation.

The neat thing about the HD6314 RAM is that it is powered when the vehicle is off. A portion of this RAM is reserved for the O2 self-learn system and fault-code storage, and is persisted between vehicle restarts, along with a check-sum to prevent data corruption.
This is sort of my 'secret sauce recipe' here but I've actually been developing a new tunable ROM chip product that takes advantage of this battery-backed RAM. It is a standard EPROM chip upgrade, but with extensive changes to the ECU firmware that allows for real-time tuning over the CONSULT port. I modified the CONSULT protocol to allow writing to RAM (similar to Nistune, but with full error checking in the protocol) and added lots of new features to the ECU firmware. All of the tuned changes are saved while the vehicle is off, but are reset to safe defaults when the battery is disconnected (or if any memory faults are detected). I've been running versions of this chip in my own car for a couple of years now; the RAM tune has no problem being parked for a few months over the winter provided the battery stays connected.

features:
- rev limit, speed limiter, injector K, injector latency, 3.69/4.08 gearing, single/dual intake, VTC TP, VTC RPM all adjustable on the fly
- launch control with anti-lag, progressive fuel-cut and no-lift shifting, RPM adjustable by ECU pot and neutral switch
- knock control adjustment
- catalyst warm-up disable
- another set of fuel & timing maps that can be used instead of the OEM maps (for custom dyno tunes)
- a single boost-cut max TP variable (used instead of the boost-cut table)
- TTP max table

and since we're doing screenshots... (note: this is NOT it's final form)

photo zrom1_zpsvzprephd.png

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.