TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Port Tune your Bose Enclosures, Use 4" Drivers and Amp
People Seeking Info

Subject Port Tune your Bose Enclosures, Use 4" Drivers and Amp

Posted by flashstar on February 27, 2015 at 12:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 427 times.

In Reply To Opinion(s) : Bose vs 3rd Party Brackets + Speakers? posted by evan_aggie on February 26, 2015 at 01:01 PM

Message Skip 6.5"s for your doors. The space in our doors is so small that it's almost impossible to get enough volume in a 6.5" enclosure.

I spent a few weeks fiddling with my 4" Bose enclosures and created a thread on 3ZC with my results. I ended up using Dayton Audio 4" speakers and porting tuning each enclosure individually. To do so, I purchased a specially calibrated microphone and dialed in the port length by shaving off small amounts.

[ http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=214989&highlight=port+tuning ]

I also purchased a couple 35w RMS x 4 amplifiers and a couple mini-dsp audio processors. Each speaker is individually driven and the mini-dsps serve as active crossovers. Audio quality is stunning even without an amp.

Zmax can suck it. He's more than happy to charge you a ton to drill 4 holes and insert pillow fill in your enclosures. He never takes the time to select proper drivers or port tune.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.