TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Additional photos & link for info beyond the calibration
People Seeking Info

Subject Additional photos & link for info beyond the calibration

Posted by Zeke21 on January 18, 2015 at 11:07 AM
  This message has been viewed 667 times.

In Reply To 99-00 cluster installed. posted by Zeke21 on January 15, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Message I wanted to note this here as it got buried in one of my other posts as I've gotten some questions privately.

POST 31: 99/00 SPEC CLUSTER

Above is a link to the details of what I did to make this cluster work for me. Before I sent Gary the cluster for calibration, I modified it. Point being, I didn't just have the calibration done and the entire 99/00 JDM cluster installed. There were a few things different and/or missing on the 99/00 JDM cluster housing/printed circuit board that made me think it would just be easier to use some of the USDM parts. Maybe Gary could figure out how to use the cluster as a whole...but I still think you'll end up with some missing pieces specific to USDM cars.

Some quick notes on my bashed together cluster as it was completed using a mix of parts, all which were spare parts (I kept my original cluster in tact):

USDM housing with added styrene to hold fuel gauge ring
USDM rear printed circuit board
USDM indicator circuit boards (ie the HICAS, Cruise light boards and harnesses. This allows those lights to be in the correct location and not have to modify the body side harness)
USDM odometer
USDM lower warning light shield (check engine light, e-brake etc.)
99-00 gauges placed into the USDM housing
Custom indicator panel with USDM color shields to match the correct location of the indicator lights
99/00 spec illumination bulbs with white caps
Dakota Digital SGI-5
Calibration by DVDBurn

Here's a few additional photos of the cluster viewed from outside the car. I'm really loving it, lol!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.