TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thanks Tom.
People Seeking Info

Subject Thanks Tom.

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on January 17, 2015 at 12:06 AM
  This message has been viewed 580 times.

In Reply To 391,000 miles, and thanks DVDburn... posted by Fly-Surf on January 16, 2015 at 06:26 AM

Message Thought I might mention. Regarding the LEDs. I no longer use the LEDs that I used when I wrote my FAQ on installing LEDs. The ones that go into the pods do not have to be modified or removed from the housing in order to make them fit. However, the newer gauge cluster LEDs have a little to much height on them so I have to do a little modification to the gauge light defusers. If not, they will cause the light defusers to push up on the gauge and that can interfere with the gauge needle operation.

I've had a couple of people send me their gauge cluster for repair of the temp gauge because it would only go up about half way. Turns out, they were using LEDs similar to the ones I'm now using and that's what the problem was. Oh, and modifying the defusers does not cause any problems if you were to go back to the lamps.

Here's an example of the new type gauge cluster LEDs in a gauge cluster with gauge rings.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Nissan Data Voice on YouTube

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.