TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Keeping the Z alive!
People Seeking Info

Subject Keeping the Z alive!

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on January 04, 2015 at 5:59 PM
  This message has been viewed 1552 times.

Message Last year wasn't the greatest year for me, sorry to be a downer by bringing that up. I'm still going through a lot of BS regarding the events that took place related to my mother's passing. Not to mention the daunting task (it was more than I expected) of being assigned the administrator of my mother's estate.

Anyway, things are starting to get better and I was able to get my mind off of things long enough to finish up something I was wanting to do before the year's end.

I had a test production made of new speedometer circuit boards to replace the badly failing boards in the later year (1992+) gauge clusters. The earlier year boards have their own way of failing which is a major pain to repair but I have a plan for those too. I was hoping to have a completed assembled board to display for this post but I've had to put that aside for now due to a sudden rush of incoming Z work.

I've also decided that from this point on I will replace all capacitors and voltage regulator related components (such as the zener diodes and transistors) on all future repairs of any gauge board.

I now have a stock of ALL the components for the newer style board and when I build the new boards they will have "mostly" all new parts to include the SMD components. I've invested in some equipment to allow assembling SMD components in an easy way and it's working out great! I'll post my work setup and some video of assembling the boards when I can.

BTW, these new speedometer boards are made out of G10 glass epoxy with triple plated circuit tracing. They are a VERY durable circuit board unlike the weak brown PCB material boards used in our gauge clusters.

So for now, here are a few pictures. The last few pictures (nine examples) are why I felt it was going to be necessary to create a new replacement board.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Nissan Data Voice on YouTube

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.