TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - my gf has this camera and its good.
People Seeking Info

Subject my gf has this camera and its good.

Posted by Jiro on December 12, 2014 at 7:59 PM
  This message has been viewed 288 times.

In Reply To Since it is slow... Some new pics with my new camera. posted by BlitZ91TT on December 12, 2014 at 02:17 PM

Message i assume you have the lens that came with camera (18-55mm)

I'd go to Aperture priority mode so you don't have to worry about the shutter speed at all for now. To do this turn the dial to the A mode on top of your camera's dial. So now when you turn the wheel by the thumb rest it will not change the aperture as you can see on the screen on the back. As can tell, the lower the aperture number means the wider the lens is and thus lets in more light per the shutter speed that is set. You will find out with your lens that at 18mm Zoom you are able the aperture can be selected lower and thus let in more light. When you zoom to 55mm on your lens the lowest you can go is 5.6. These numbers are also called "F-stops".

There are several reasons why you want to control the F-stop. Reason one is depth of field. The lower the number (wider lens is open for light to enter) the shallower depth of field meaning if you do shoot at the car at an angle (like your first pic) the bumper might be in focused and the front tire might be more blurry. The higher the number the more everything is in focused (longer depth of field).

You will notice the higher the F-stop (e.g F10) you choose the longer the shutter speed you'll need to compensate for exposure. Likewise the lower the F-stop the faster the shutter speed will be. This is why a Tripod is a must because the longer the shutter is open the more steady the camera must be in order for the shot to be perfect and not subject to blur from camera shake.

Nobody usually notices expect photography experts but be careful at the extremes ends of lens too.. shooting at 18mm and at 55mm at the lowest possible aperature can cause some issues that result in slightly blurry images and vignetting. This is because you are shooting at the absolute limits of the lens.

Another factor is ISO. If you want to get rid of the noise (purple, green dots in the black you have to put that ISO down to a minimal. To do that you gotta hit the menu button on the left hand side and scroll to the camera icon and go to ISO sensitivity settings. From there set ISO to 100 and select Auto ISO sensitivity to off.

Tripod is a must. Turn off flash and use natural lighting. Since you are on a tripod your camera will auto select the shutter speed to compensate for loss of light so your end product will look ok -usually.

Once you get comfortable with that. I recommend start shooting in RAW format and start using lightroom software to do some final touches to photos.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.