TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - SEM interior paint...FTW!
People Seeking Info

Subject SEM interior paint...FTW!

Posted by Graphx007 on December 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 818 times.

In Reply To thoughts/feedback on dying/painting interior panels posted by Alan(MD/NJ) on December 11, 2014 at 02:40 PM

Message If you are looking for a lasting and quality finish for your interior I would highly suggest the use of Vinyl paint made by SEM. The first step that you need to do is to properly clean and degrease each part. Then when you think that it's completed...do it again. Next you will need to apply the SEM vinyl prep which is available in a rattle can. The product is sprayed on and then wiped off. Next you will need to apply the paint to each part. After you let it dry you will be done.

I highly recommend this line of product. I repainted the entire interior of my wife's z31 turbo. Doors, arm rest, everything. The product is extremely durable and flexible. Many years later and not a single flake to be found. And her z was used daily and was not babied. When it's all done you can treat the interior as if it were factory.

You can find SEM at most automotive paint shops. They will have a color chart for you to find the closest color. These colors are available in rattle can off the shelf. If there is not a color on the chart that matches to your standard then you can leave them a panel for them to color match and they will custom tint/match your panels. Typically the custom color will be provided in quarts to be professionally sprayed through a HVLP/LVLP paint gun. You can however ask that they load the color into aerosol cans for more convenient application (will cost extra).

I use this product very often. I hope this helps.

No offense to other previously suggested options however hydro graphics is NOT a good method. Nor is exterior car wrap vinyl. Talk with your local automotive upholstery company to confirm.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.