TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Replaced my rear bearings, ball joints, and Bushings!
People Seeking Info

Subject Replaced my rear bearings, ball joints, and Bushings!

Posted by iceman601 on December 06, 2014 at 3:13 AM
  This message has been viewed 941 times.

Message Not to hijack another thread but that reminded me to post up mines =P. Been delaying this project for a while due to lack of funds, but finally got around to fix the issue and more. It hit my wallet pretty hard, as I gave into buying a 20 ton press to complete this job because I was getting some crazy quotes for press work. I figured since I will have everything off, I might as well tackle the bushings too as they have racked up more than 200,000 miles.

Jacked up, wheels off, and ready to go to town.

Couple hours in and I'm half way there with just hand tools.

Lower ball joints have seen better days.

Lower arm bushings

Assortment of sockets used to push out bushings, managed to get creative enough to push out all of it with the press.

Putting new press to good use. Was also used to push in zQuikonE's new bearings for a nominal fee.

Old bushings

Inner bearing race removed, not the funniest but wasn't that bad as I had access to air tools at work.

Hubs and bearings together again.

Old and new.....new are Timkens from Rockauto

Got these suckers cleaned up pretty good before getting greased up again from Formula 5 lube. Went through crap load of gloves and cloths.

Lower arms freshened up. I found it easier to pop new ES Bushings in with a threaded rod.

Parts cleaned again and ready to go back in.

And ready for the tire.....will address caliper paint another time.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.