TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I was doing them by hand as well
People Seeking Info

Subject I was doing them by hand as well

Posted by BlackholeZ on November 29, 2014 at 3:21 PM
  This message has been viewed 388 times.

In Reply To Nice product BlackholeZ posted by EngineerLV on November 29, 2014 at 02:00 PM

Message If I had access to a CNC lathe with a sub spindle I could get them knocked out quickly, but everyone I have been in contact with that has that kind of machine doesn't want to bother with anything less than a couple thousand parts, and there really wasn't much of a financial incentive for making that many at a time. Right now I'm working on a multi-pocket fixture and a custom end mill shaped to make the pocketing process a 2 tool op in a VMC. There's really no way to get away from this being a 3 operation part, I'm just trying to make it so a batch can get loaded and let the machine run for 30 minutes by itself.

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" - ChristopherTheOne
" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.