TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Like LJZTT said. You just made his point while trying to
People Seeking Info

Subject Like LJZTT said. You just made his point while trying to

Posted by i_s_64 on November 19, 2014 at 1:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 584 times.

In Reply To totally disagree. posted by Halo TTZ on November 19, 2014 at 09:15 AM

Message disagree. Your response also sounds more like societal and political distaste than an actual argument against what LJZTT has said.

It is obvious in the original Z lineup that the formula changed from affordable sports car to whatever it became by the Z32. And that change is most obvious with the addition of X in the ZX, aka luxury. Nevertheless, every iteration of the Z car was about acquiring more technology, more refinement, more agility, more ability. You can even see it through the physical lines of the respective cars. It slowly went from rounded to edgy. Note the 280Z to the 280ZX.

To have a successor requires progression. Progression doesn't entail any loss. From the S30 to the Z32, the platform only gained a little bit of everything. It didn't lose anything. The Z33 changed that by losing refinement, technology and certain abilities.

I'm not exactly saying the R35 is the successor to the Z32, though it does seem fitting if you're not fully considering of the World market, but the Z32TT was at the same place as the BNR32 at one point and shared mostly everything between the Z32, R32, R33 and R34. In fact, the only separation was if you wanted RWD or AWD and if you wanted sleek or boxy.

I'm saying it's more like the R35 is an amalgamation of the concept of the Z32, and the concept of the R34, then improved to make the a single R35 platform.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.