TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Any update on Rob'Z 62mm Throttle Bodies?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Any update on Rob'Z 62mm Throttle Bodies?

Posted by Huff on November 14, 2014 at 12:39 AM
  This message has been viewed 492 times.

In Reply To Any update on Rob'Z 62mm Throttle Bodies? posted by Bigwill837 on November 13, 2014 at 08:33 PM

Message It's still going just slower than originally expected. Below is the status update I received from Rob as of October 8th.

"I'm hoping to ship them in December.  The machine shop that's handling the job is taking longer than expected but they are taking time to ensure everything is right.  

Their large CNC lathe has been down for repair for the last few weeks, not sure when it will be repaired. The bodies are done except for boring the ID to size and the detail for the charge pipe couplers.  Once the bore is done the throttle plates can be machined to match.  

They have a smaller lathe that they are using for the throttle shafts.  I hope to hear from them tomorrow about the latest changes to the shafts.  They have a prototype of each side but some of the dimensions needed some adjustment.  

We are making updates to the design as we go which is adding time to the process.  I want to be sure the TBs are as good as they can be." 

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.