TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Oh I see
People Seeking Info

Subject Oh I see

Posted by ZXRider on November 13, 2014 at 3:55 PM
  This message has been viewed 457 times.

In Reply To I learned this the hard way. I used the OEM harness posted by MixManMash on November 13, 2014 at 03:41 PM

Message I didn't go through as much trouble as you did. I noticed the CEL didn't come up and thought maybe the bulb in my gauge cluster is dead. Took that off and tested the bulb and it was A OK. When I depinned the connector I took pictures of it, drew a diagram and even took a video to make sure I get all the wires back in place. Started looking at the pin layout for the ECU and e-mailed DVDBURN for help. After a few emails back and forth he sent me instructions on what to check with a multi-meter and I found out the issue. Swapped the wires and CEL started working.

I e-mailed both Bernie and WS and notified them. I was one of the first customers who ordered the harness so I figured I let them know so they can monitor the situation. WS was kind enough to send me a replacement ECU connector cover since I ended up damaging mine when I went to disconnect the ECU.

Overall I am happy with their product, I had no other options for a EFI harness since the 94 TT AT is NLA from Nissan, and I was going through injectors every other month. Haven't had an issue ever since I got the WS harness installed and got the newer injectors installed.

Good luck with your oil/VTC issue. I know the car isn't the same with the VTC not working. When to SZ with a local TT.net member for a dyno and we found out on the dyno he forgot to put the check valves back on his cam shafts.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.