TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Just ordered a Wiring Specialties harness...
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Just ordered a Wiring Specialties harness...

Posted by Ionic on November 13, 2014 at 9:21 AM
  This message has been viewed 497 times.

In Reply To Just ordered a Wiring Specialties harness... posted by Matt300ZXT on November 12, 2014 at 08:56 PM

Message I just installed one a couple of weeks ago. I did it with the engine still in place as you intend to do so.

As ZXRider mentioned, just cut the old harness, it will make things a lot easier. I removed all of the interior dash pieces behind the glove box, that gave me a clear view of the hole where the wiring harness has to pass through (I had the old version of the wiring specialties harness without the quick disconnect). With a lot of patience we removed the brackets that hold in place the old wiring harness and the brake hardlines that pass along it. There are some screws that are very hard to get too, so be patient. Be very careful to not crimp or damage the brake hardlines when you fish the new wiring harness in.

After that it's smooth sailing since most of the connectors line up perfectly with their mates, and the double connectors for the AC and CAS are no problem and easy to figure out.

There was a screw on the firewall that we broke off to make things easier, it would not allow us to slide the harness.

Good luck, it took us a full day to swap the harness out, I had one guy helping me.

If you need some pics let me know, I was able to take a few with my phone.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.