TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I wish you best of luck
People Seeking Info

Subject I wish you best of luck

Posted by ZXRider on November 12, 2014 at 9:04 PM
  This message has been viewed 511 times.

In Reply To Just ordered a Wiring Specialties harness... posted by Matt300ZXT on November 12, 2014 at 08:56 PM

Message Make sure you replace it on a day which you have a lot of patience. That is one job I do not want to do again. Even with the upper plenum off, it was the most difficult job I've done on my Z.

My recommendations:
1) cut the old one out. Don't bother trying to say it, it is a waste of time.
2) don't bother removing any of the interior/dash equipment. Just de-pinning the white dash connector on the harness is sufficient to get the blue ecu connector through the firewall.
3) in my case, I added additional electrical tape on some of the sections I felt it could use. At some sections I even went over the reflective material since I didn't want other parts in the engine bay fraying and tearing the reflective layers.

The WS harness itself is a quality product. I am happy with my purchase and I am glad they offer it. In my case two of the wires on the white connector were swapped which resulted in my CEL not functioning correctly. After some troubleshooting I ended up finding the issue and it is all fixed now. I pointed it out to them and it appears that it has been fixed since then. Most likely an operator error on the assembly line.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.