TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I don't see why you couldn't delete it, but...
People Seeking Info

Subject I don't see why you couldn't delete it, but...

Posted by LitlElvis on November 12, 2014 at 3:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 354 times.

In Reply To fine fine... i wont delete the booster mom. (n/m) posted by LivinTheDream on November 11, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Message with no other changes, what you will find is a reduction of fluid pressure at the calipers with the same input force at the brake pedal or an increase of input force required at the brake pedal to develop the same pressure as the brake booster assisted setup (call this the "target" pressure).

To offset these issues, you would probably want to change the pushrod attachment point on the brake pedal to increase the leverage going to the MC and make up for some of the lost assist coming from the booster... I'm not sure if there's room under the dash to do that though. A caveat of doing this is: as you increase the leverage ratio, you will also be increasing the total brake pedal travel to move the same amount of brake fluid needed to generate your target pressure.

Another way to do this is by using a smaller bore MC for an increase in hydraulic leverage but again, it will require more pedal travel to move the same volume of brake fluid and generate your target pressure.

The trick to all of this is to find out the volume of fluid you need to move to achieve the target pressure, tweak the mechanical and/or hydraulic leverage, and then make sure the pedal can travel far enough to pull it off.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.