TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I was rebuilding the motor
People Seeking Info

Subject I was rebuilding the motor

Posted by ArticDragon192 on October 30, 2014 at 10:51 PM
  This message has been viewed 321 times.

In Reply To Looks great and sounds awesome! posted by Zvil (FL) on October 30, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Message And it was a fun experiment I wanted to take on. I had gone through 3 iffy NA motors already and was tired of it. I figured if I wanted something to last, I was going to build it myself and make it a learning experience. Needless to say, I learned a lot about putting a motor together, which is experience I will rely on when I build the next motor for this car. Which is going to be way down the line since this motor is holding up so well, and hopefully continues to do so. That and an NA rebuild was the fastest way to get my car back on the road. Haven't spent a crazy amount of money on it either. Less than a stock TT swap in these parts.
My goal for this experiement/build wasn't power. I was trying to build a rock solid reliable motor, that would handle the track abuse I put my car through without issue. I had no qualms replacing the used OEM components with something better than stock, if I knew it would help the reliability. The extra power is just a by product of the better parts.
Now with the next phase of the build, concentrating on the valvetrain, I am looking for more power. And one of the reasons I'm actually going to do more work to the drivetrain, is because i have to open it all up and see why the VTC isn't working, and change out the injectors for something better. So while I was in there, I figured I'd toss a few more things in and see how much better this experiment can get.

Photobucket

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.