TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Spectra filters are garbage dude!!!!! Dyno proven.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Spectra filters are garbage dude!!!!! Dyno proven.

Posted by NIVO88T on October 24, 2014 at 10:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 509 times.

In Reply To Spectra filters are garbage dude!!!!! Dyno proven. posted by TTZ2NV(EPTmotorsports) on October 24, 2014 at 09:29 AM

Message Are you talking about Spectre HPR filters or the ones with the little chrome caps that pop off?

The flow data my buddy did for his Turbo LS1 that does 993whp/931wtq involved many different filters, He was nice enough to throw some sample filters on that I received from Spectre HPR line.

They tested a few filters for his car all of which had about the same dimensions. The Spectre came in 2nd place after the R2C. Why did he choose the Spectre filters? because the R2C was only in black for that filter and he chose Blue Spectre HPR. Originally he was going to use the S&B which he thought would come out on top.

A lot of times when guys do not know much about airflow dynamics and MAFs they think they can just swap a better flowing filter in and bam better flow = more power.

But not always the case thus creating problems when trying to compare apples to apples during intake filter testing. Then we have the balancing act of filtration vs air flow.

My spectres tested were 718.2cfm for the smaller one and 951.6cfm for the bigger one and these are still not the largest filter from them that I can fit.

They flow Much more then the filters Ash Powers tested years ago. Garbage? If it works for an almost 1000whp car then it works for my 3xx whp TT's.

Ash's testing:

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.