TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Different Experience with RDZ
People Seeking Info

Subject Different Experience with RDZ

Posted by ZGhost on October 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM
  This message has been viewed 555 times.

Message My experience with these guys is 180 degrees from an earlier post. I bought my first Z late fall a 4 years ago, took it to a Nissan dealer, had the 120K service done and put it up for the winter. When I got it out of storage I noticed it was leaking oil. I had planned on taking it to RDZ for some performance work so asked them to fix the oil leak. They came back an told me that the cam seals were leaking, they had contacted the dealership that had performed my 120K service and they agreed to fix it gratis. On top of that the dealer had put the original bolts back in and RDZ sent over a set of new SS bolts (gratis). They could have taken me and done the work themselves and billed me for it but instead went out of their way to get it done free and correct. I have always found them to be honest.

The clutch hose gave out on my second Z (original hose) and I was stuck in the parking lot of Chucks Steak House. I had 3 different tow trucks come out and say they would/could not tow my car without damaging the lower lip. I called Rich after hours and he came out with his trailer (not a boat trailer just a low boy) and picked up my car and took it back to the shop. I have had RDZ do all the typical bolt-on's plus many upgrades (JSpec Tranny, 740 injectors, etc.) I have always been pleased with the final product and they have always been more than willing to make adjustments to fit my specific needs.

They have worked with me to accommodate my schedule, have picked up my car or given me a ride home when I couldn't arrange for one. LOL when I pick up my ride Scotty has cleaned and shined it to a high gloss.

I am not sure why the previous poster had the issue that he had but it is very different from my experiences over the last 4 years. As a retired Business Analyst, I can tell you that if that if what he experienced was their business model they would have been out of business a long time ago.

I just want to add my views and would recommend these folks to anyone.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.